Nombre: Peter Rawley
País: Puerto Rico
Cond. Torre Del Mar, 1477 Ashford Ave. Apt. 1403, San Juan, PR 00907
Telephone (213) 654-9219 ** firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Rawley is an acknowledged expert in the financing, packaging and distributing motion pictures. In his career he has worked as an agent, studio executive, producer and CEO. In 1969 he was able to finance ONE DAY IN THE LIFE IVAN DENISOVITCH staring Sir Tom Courtney and was deeply involved in the financing of LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD starring Kirk Douglas and Yul Brenner. A large number of motion picture projects have benefited from Rawley’s motion picture investment; perhaps the most important of which was PAPILLON staring Steve McQueen and Dusting Hoffman directed by Franklin Schaffner. Other films include Ransom starring Sean Connery and Ian McShane, Purple Taxi starring Fred Astaire, Charlotte Rampling and Peter Ustinov, The Venice Project starring Lauren Bacall, Dennis Hooper, Parker Posey, Cheech Marin and Steve Martin. He also executive produced OF Love and Shadows starring Antonio Banderas and Jennifer Connelly and DonA Barbara, a Spanish language film starring Esther Goris, Jorge Perrugoria and Ruth Gabriel. Since 1998 He produced a number of films including SPY SORGA. He is currently developing Nobel prize winner, Nadine Gordimer’s HOUSE GUN, IN SEARCH OF INGRID, with director Betty Kaplan and Penelope Fitzgerald’s THE BLUE FLOWER.
Rawley was for sixteen years Executive Vice President and Head of International at ICM. He was responsible for the expansion of business in China, Latin America and Europe where he opened several offices. As a member of the management committee he was responsible for the integration of domestic and worldwide operations.
Rawley has also served as Head of Production for MGM Europe and was chief financial officer of the Irish Film Studios at Ardmore. He has produced and consulted on numerous projects like Michael Mann’s Drug Wars, Mel Gibson’s Hamlet and BravehearT, James Cameron’s True Lies and many others.
Mr. Rawley who has both B. A. and M.A. degrees from Oxford University is fluent in French, Italian and conversational Spanish. He is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the British Film Academy and on the Board of Governors of the Ojai Festival. He is an officer of the Spanish Order of Merit.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert in creating and sustaining foreign interest in domestic properties, and conversely fostering healthy U.S. markets for international concerns
- Creator of the prototype now used by the film Industry in the co-financing of American Films with International capital and vice versa, thus helping producers get American Capital from the United States and American producers to get International funds.
- Transformed international business from afterthought to contributor of two thirds of worldwide film and television revenues
- Contributed to worldwide revenue growth of 11%, compounded per annum, in highly competitive sector
- Over Forty years in the international entertainment industry, overseeing all aspects of domestic and foreign marketing of talent and film property
- Over sixteen years as Head of International Department ICM
- Established ICM offices in Madrid, Rome, Toronto, Hong Kong, Tokyo and and professional associations in China, Latin America, Germany and Australia
- Fluent in French, conversational Italian and Spanish
“Ladies Room” (series in development) 2011-12
Producer, with producer, Judith James
“Mr. Apple” (children’s series in development) 2011-12
Producer, with producers, Larry Gershman and Peggy Dold
The Scholar” Exec Producer of a series for ABC Television 2005
Ambassador Media Partners 2007
Exec producer “Sorge“ (In Japan) 2001-03
- Co-produced: “Eva Peron“ 1997
- Produced: “Dona Barbara” (Universal) 1998
- Exec-produced: “The Venice Project“ 1999
Executive Vice President: Head of International Department, 1980-1996
International Creative Management (ICM), Los Angeles
- Member of the ICM management committee; strongly integrated international and domestic operations
- Raised more than One billion dollars in project financing during his career at ICM
- Represented: Richard Dreyfuss*, John Boorman*, Klaus Maria Brandauer, Timothy Dalton,
Franco Zeffirelli, Roman Polanski, Ed Zwick, Trevor Nunn, Bob Rafelson*, John Frankenheimer,
Richard & Lili Zanuck, Tony Leung, Thomas Alea, Eliseo Subiela, Miyamoto Nobuko, Ornella
Muti, Regis Wargnier, Herbert Ross, Tsui Hark*, Yim Ho, Degeto, Vivian Wu*, Chris Doyle*
Independent Producer, Metro-Goldyn-Mayer (MGM), Los Angeles 1977-1979
Un Taxi Mauve starring Fred Astaire, Charlotte Rampling, Philippe Noiret,
Peter Ustinov and Agostina Belli
Chief Financial Advisor, National Film Studios of Ireland, Dublin 1975-1977
Responsible for bringing over a dozen projects to Ireland to be filmed at the Dublin Studios
and on location in Ireland.
Producer, British Lion & 20th Century Fox, London 1974
Produced Ransom starring Sean Connery & Ian McShane
Co-Producer, London 1974
The Good Companions (stage musical) Music: Andre Previn, Lyrics: Johnny Mercer
Starring John Mills and Judi Dench
Producer, MGM London/Head of Production – MGM Europe 1972-1974
Director/Vice President/Managing Director/Executive Vice President, London 1967-1972
Creative Management Associates (CMA) Ltd., CMA, Inc., CMA International
CMA A.G., CMA S.A.
Represented: Paul Newman, Faye Dunaway, Mia Farrow, Richard Harris, Martin Ritt, Herbert Ross, Oliver Reed, John Boorman, Ken Russell.
PROFESSIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- Eva Peron selected to be the Argentinean entry to the Academy Awards’ Foreign Language Film category
- Awarded the title “Caballero Oficial” of the Order of Merit (Civil) of Spain
- Member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- Board of Governors, Ojai Festival
- Advisory Board – British Film Office
- Sponsorship Committee – British Academy
- Shanghai Film Festival, People’s Republic of China * Shanghai Television Festival, People’s Republic of China * Kerala Film Festival, India * Venice Film Festival, Italy * ARD-Germany, German Television * Rank Organization of Britain, United Kingdom Moscow Film Festival
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLIC ADDRESSES
Eureka Conference, Paris, France – Topic: “The Future of Audio-Video: The American Point of View”
Quoted in various publications, including Time Magazine, Daily Variety, Le Monde, The Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal
Numerous speaking engagements on role of entertainment industry, including seminars and addresses at the University of Southern California; University of California, Los Angeles; Cannes Film Festival; the American Film Market; the Tokyo Film Festival; Shanghai Film Festival; Munich Film Festival; MIFED and Melbourne & Sydney.
DEGREES B.A. with Honors, University of Oxford, Brasenose College
Masters Degree in English Language and Literature, Oxford University
- Born in England and father of three
- Collector of contemporary Latin American paintings and California Plein Air paintings
- Collector of books, specializing in first-editions of Latin American literature
- Broadcaster on Classical Music program KUSC